Types of VISA
- C visa – for short courses (summer schools, language schools) that last only for up to three months
- D visa – for courses that last longer than three months.
When and where to apply for the Swiss visa?
The student needs to schedule an appointment at the Swiss embassy as soon as he/she receives the acceptance letter.
Students can apply as early as 6 months prior to studying in Switzerland but no later than ten weeks before the departure.
Short stay visas: within 10-15 days
Long stay visas: Eight to twelve weeks
- Passport photocopy
- Visa application forms
- Personal covering letter – Signed by the student and mentioning :
- The reason for pursuing studies in Switzerland.
- Future plans: professional development intended by the student after having finished his/her studies in Switzerland.
- Explanation on how the student is going to benefit from his/her studies in the future.
- A confirmation that the student will leave Switzerland after the completion of the studies
- Resume/ CV
- Acceptance / confirmation letter from the school, university
- Degree/ provisional certificate
- Portfolio (for Art, Design & Architecture programme)
- Copies of IELTS / TOEFL
- Financial Status :
- Written confirmation letter of the sponsor that he/she covers all the costs and copy of his/her passport. The origin of the funds should be distinctly explained [loan with bank letter/family fortune/salary) and what is the relationship with the student.
- A solvency proof of the sponsor (Personal ITR: only ITR-V; Indian Income Tax Return Verification Form or Acknowledgement is accepted) for the last 2 assessment years & bank account statement for the last three months, in format A4, with stamp and signature of Bank.