About Yoobee School of Design
Yoobee School Desig have an in house online English test instead of IELTS and can accept students from 17 years old and above for Diploma programmes .
One very happy piece of information is that this week the Christchurch campus has moved in to University of Canterbury, Dovedale Campus and Yoobee School will be starting classes on 7 January 2014 in the new campus.
A couple of things special about Yoobee School of Design:
- The largest Digital Design Private Provider in New Zealand – with campuses in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch
- Are also funded by NZ government – with 90% of our students are domestic New Zealand students
- 120 International students each year from 16 different countries
- 89% of our graduates either continue for further study or getting into relevant jobs after graduation
Student employment co-ordinator in each campus to help our graduates to find jobs after graduation – and here is an example of our students work:
- A privately owned design school with campuses in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. The New campus opening in Sydney, Australia in the near future.
- A design school that has a 4-year (maximum available) NZ Government audit cycle.
- A design school that turns out practical-based & industry-focused graduates with diplomas in:
- Animation and digital video – level 5
- Computer graphic design – level 6
- Interactive design – level 6
- Web development – level 6
- Animation (advanced) – level 6
- Digital Filmmaking (advanced) – level 6
- Digital media (advanced) – level 7
- 3D Graphics (advanced) – level 7
- A design school that has a foundation course (iCreate) available to all students.
- A design school with approximately 850 students, including approximately 150 international students enrolled each year.
- A design school where the maximum class size is between 20 -23 students.
- A design school that can give a student Multi-campus experience – start at one campus complete a second or even third Diploma at another Yoobee School of Design campus.
- A Job Placement person who will assist students to find part time work while they study and after the completion of study at Yoobee School of Design. The Job Placement person will help students with their CV’s, give support on interview techniques and ensure students are aware of the career pathways and job opportunities after the completion of their study with us.
Yoobee School of Design Diplomas
- All diplomas are 35 or 41 weeks full-time study.
- iCreate foundation course is 15 weeks full-time study.
Start dates –
- A range of start dates throughout the year – these can vary between campuses.
- IELTS 5.5 for Diploma courses and 5.0 for the iCreate foundation course.
- Minimum age to enroll on a course is 18 years or older.
- Evidence of creativity is required – send us some examples of your work in a medium of your choice. Note that we are not asking for an extensive portfolio, just some indication that you have some creative skills.
iCreate Foundation Course
- If you do not have the necessary diploma entry requirements or you are unsure what you would like to study i.e., graphic design, web development, interactive, filmmaking or animation, then enroll in the 15-week foundation course. Diploma requirements will, in all likelihood, be met and entry to a follow-on diploma course is a possibility.
- Entry to Arts/Applied Arts degrees at several nation-wide institutions in NZ is possible after completing an advanced diploma at Yoobee School of Design.
Do you need to improve your English first?
- Yoobee School of Design has its own language school on our Auckland campus.
- The Wellington campus has several language school pathway options for students wishing to study English before coming to Yoobee School of Design. The language schools are all within a short walking distance from Yoobee School of Design in the central city.
- These language schools are:
– Making Futures Happen (MFH) – www.mfh.ac.nz
– Campbell Institute – www.campbell.ac.nz
– NZ Language Centre – www.learnenglish.co.nz
– English Teaching College- www.etc.ac.nz
- The Christchurch campus has language pathway options for students wishing to study English before Studying at Yoobee School of Design.
- These language schools are:
– Linguis International Institute – www.linguisinternational.ac.nz
– Christchurch College of English Language – www.ccel.co.nz
- With many of our English language partners, you can:
- Start any Monday.
- Expect a 0.5 IELTS points improvement after 12 weeks of English language study.
Why study in New Zealand?
Please visit www.newzealandeducated.com as this website gives very up to date information about living and studying in New Zealand.
Yoobee School of Design’s Pastoral Care System
- Each campus has a dedicated International Liaison person.
- They provide support for all international students.
- International students have day-to-day access to our International Liaison Officers.
The Liaison Officer will:
- Will assist students to find appropriate accommodation before arriving in NZ.
- Meet and greet students when they arrive in NZ.
- Help students with passport, visa or insurance if required.
- Provide orientation for newly arrived international students.
- Assist students to set up banking, health and welfare services.
- Offer assistance to students in finding work for the 20 hours per week a Yoobee School of Design student can work when studying.
- Meet regularly with all international students individually and collectively to discuss any issues or concerns they have with their study or with living in New Zealand.
- Monitor student progress in their studies and meet with them to discuss any difficulties or concerns they may have.
- Liaise with staff if additional curriculum assistance is needed for the student.
For more information about what Yoobee School of Design can offer international students please visit www.yoobee.ac.nz