University Of Otago Application
University of Otago Application is Online
English Language Requirements:
- IELTS – Overall score 6.0 with no band less than 5.5.
- TOEFL – Score of 80 (Writing 20).
- PTE – Overall score of 58.
- IELTS – Overall 6.5 with no band less than 6.0.
- TOEFL – Score of 95 with a minimum Writing score of 22
- PTE – Overall score of 64.
The Requirements may defer for some Programs.
The following programmes require higher levels of achievement than the minimum requirements
- Postgraduate Diploma/Master/PhD in Public Health: IELTS of 7.5.
- Master of Teaching and Learning / Graduate Diploma in Teaching: IELTS of 7.5 with no individual band below 7.5
- Postgraduate Dentistry, Law, and Surveying courses: TOEFL of 102 or better with a minimum of 24 in each section; or Paper-based TOEFL of 600 or better with a TWE (Test of Written English) of 5.0 or better; or IELTS (Academic) of 7.5 overall with a minimum of 7 in each band
- Master of Dietetics: IELTS 7.5 with no individual band below 7.0.
Additional tests accepted for 2020 and 2021 intakes only:
The following changes have been made to the English Language requirements for semester 2 2020, and semester 1 and semester 2 2021 only, for those that are unable to provide the regular tests accepted due to the Ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic:
Acceptance of the Duolingo English Test (DET) with the following scores:
- DET score of 100 for Undergraduate entry.
- DET score of 110 for Postgraduate entry.
Acceptance of IELTS Indicator test
- This is an online version of the regular IELTS test, made available due to COVID-19 testing centre restrictions.
TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition
- This is an online version of the regular TOEFL iBT test, made available due to COVID-19 testing centre restrictions.
For more Details on the requirements, Click HERE.
Internet banking or Telegraphic Transfer
Individual payments by students should go to the account:
Westpac New Zealand Limited
Westpac Moray Place Branch
106 George St
PO Box 5345
Account Name: University of Otago – Student Tuition
Account Number: 03- 0175-0660238-01
SWIFT Code: WPACNZ2W
With reference details of students full name and student ID if known (otherwise quote date of birth).
Please don’t forget to add student name and student ID to the transfer.
Programs Available for July 2020 Intake as of 10-02-2020
- Master of Economics & Master of Tourism
University of Otago : NZEA Excellence Award Scholarships for 2020 Intake
University of Otago is part of the New Zealand Excellence Awards and these scholarships have started accepting Applications.
University of Otago offers 4 x $5,000 postgraduate and 1 x $10,000 Undergraduate Scholarships.
All applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years at the time of application
- Hold current citizenship of India (and not be a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand or Australia)
- Hold a minimum equivalent GPA of B+ in your most recent or highest tertiary qualification
- Hold an unconditional or conditional offer for the one of the NZEA eligible courses.
- Masters of Planning
- Masters of International Development & Planning
- Masters of Politics
- Master of Applied Science (All Majors)
- Masters of Sports & Development Management
- Master of Business Data Science (MBusDataSc)
- Master of Economics (MEcon)
- Master of Finance (MFinc)
- Master of Marketing (MMart)
- Master of Entrepreneurship (MEntr)
- Master of Professional Accounting MProfAcct
- Master of Tourism (MTour)
- Master of Sustainable Business (MSusBus)
- Master of International Business (MIntBus)
- Masters of Arts (Course Work)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Arts (All Majors)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Science (All Majors)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science (All Majors)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Commerce (All Majors)
- Bachelor of Science (All Majors)
- Bachelor of Arts (All Majors)
- Health Science First Year
- Bachelor of Applied Science (All Majors)
- Bachelor of Commerce (All Majors)
Deadline: 5pm, 25 November, 2019 Indian time.
For more Details on this Scholarship, Click HERE.