About Yukon University
Application Fees: Non-Refundable CAD $100
Yukon University International – Student Application form
English Language Requirements:
- UG: overall 6.0 with no bands less than 6.0
- PG: Overall 6.5 with no bands less than 6.0
The Requirements may Defer for some Programs.
- Yukon University officially came to life in March of 1983. In June 1988, the University moved its Whitehorse campus to the current location at Yukon Place in the Takhini subdivision
- Located on a bluff overlooking the river valley, the College commands a spectacular view of the river and the mountains to the east of the city
- The world-famous Yukon Territory are known for their stunning beauty, wildlife, First Nations culture and arts, as well as a remarkable Canadian gold-rush history
- Plus there are the incredible Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis)
About the University
- Education that is Northern in Focus but National in Reach.
- Yukon University (YC) is forging a new future, for the North, for Yukon, and for the institution. The staff and faculty, as well as every student, complete a Yukon First Nation core competency requirement.
- In 2015 YC won the Colleges and Institutes Canada Gold Award for Indigenous Education Excellence.
- YC is partnering with Yukon First Nations in working to develop a vision and reality that will inspire all.
- Not only is YC leading the country in Indigenous Self-Determination studies, developed and led by Yukon First Nations, but are also looking at food and energy security, as well as supporting First Nations’ business development.
- In the near future, YC will transition into a university. With 13 campuses throughout the beautiful and historic territory that is Yukon, working on delivering a broad range of education and training, serving the needs of communities, governments, First Nations, business and industry.
Why choose Yukon
- Low tuition fees
- Best college instructors
- University transfer (UT) choices
- Offers a broad range of programs
- Beautiful and spacious college and residence facilities
- Several computer labs
- Up-to date laboratories
- Student lounge
- Large gymnasium, weight room
- Business Administration (Certificate, Diploma and Bachelor’s)
- General Studies
- Liberal Arts
- Early Learning and Child Care
- Multimedia Communication
- Geological Technology