Singapore officially the Republic of Singapore is an island city-state in Southeast Asia. Singapore is a city state and the city of Singapore is in the southern part of Singapore Island. Singapore is the second most populous city state in the world. It is a global hub for education, entertainment, finance, logistic, manufacturing, technology, tourism, trade and transport. Singapore has reinvented itself as one of the world’s best destinations.
Population: 56.1 lakhs (2017), 39% of whom are foreign nationals
Currency: Singapore dollar
The four official Languages spoken are English, Chinese, Tamil and Malay.
Its cultural diversity is reflected in its extensive ethnic cuisine and major festivals
The city ranks highly in numerous international rankings, and has been recognized as the most “technology-ready” nation.
- World’s Smartest city
- World’s Safest country
- Second-most competitive country
- Third least-corrupt country
- Third-largest foreign exchange market
- Third-largest financial centre
- Fifth-most innovative country,
- Second-busiest container port
- City with best ‘investment potential’